Friday, January 14, 2011

Still stiching on Crazy Quilt Blocks

This is Darlene`s Jewels on Black Block.She will make a Wall hanging for her Husband`s office and requested Paisley`s as her theme. I used Ties  and appliqued my paisleys onto the black background. With a  metal thread in bright colors went on to make some spider web`s and 2 green spiders out of beads.To finish I found this really colorful button for for the empty space in the middle.


Autumn Block for my CQI group. I wanted to keep it simple,so worked all the seam treatments first. Found some silk and velvet leafs to add,a leaf charm and embroidered one leaf .

This close up shows a little mirror with beads in green and  a shimmer of purple.

I never thought I would like to embroider as much as I do now. It is the whole concept of designing and getting to the end result as I see it in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment