Saturday, December 31, 2011

Roses,Roses,Roses Block ready to be mailed on

The whole block .

Silk Ribbon Roses,beads,hand painted lace.

A seam treatment with pearls,glass beads,silk ribbon and velvet leafs.

This resin cabochon is attached with glass beads.

My work is done and the block is going to the next Round Robin Participant to be stitched on. Because of all these porcelain roses,the floss was tangled and ribbed a few times, it was a pain in the you know what to work on this otherwise wonderful block.It has a lot of embellishments and very little stitching .This is something that has bothered me,it should be all about the embroidery with some embellishments and not the other way around.That`s just how I feel about it!

4 comments:

  1. I love your additions to this block - just lovely! That cabachon is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it just as it is Rita, what a beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Rita it is Roses, Roses, Roses RR so I'm saying it is perfect and that cabachon is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete