Friday, March 23, 2012

Final Roses Block finished

 The theme was roses and the color to be used golds and black, I used a rose trim with black leaf trim on top of it,a golden butterfly,black seam treatment with gold Glass hearts and a antique rose button I won at an auction,the corner was the perfect spot for it.

 a gold velvet trim with black embroidery on top  and black beads and my shoe as a vessel to hold the roses .

 all of my work

 this is the completed block, it is very charming and I like the shape , thinking what I would do with it ,wondering what Gerry will make out of it.
This was a small area to work on but fun to do so! I hope it is was Gerry wanted . I love the color combination, will have to put this in my to do book.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Rita - I am absolutely tickled by what you have added to my block. It's beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for getting it finished and ready to send home. I am sooooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job Rita and what a striking block with those colours!!! Gerry's block structure is great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Rita, this is stunning, I love yellow and this is right up my ally..... beautiful finished work.

    Arlene
    http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete