Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Block finished

This is Kristie's block for the Encrusted DYB RR.

 She likes lace, tatting, silk ribbon,antique buttons, I stayed in the colors of her fabrics just as she had requested and had fun with it . After three days I had all this added and hope she will like it. I know the block should have been maybe a little more into Asian themed embroidery but for me it was more what will look good with the Silkies that was on the block.



I loved the colors of this block and had fun working on it.I added lace, beads, charms, trim,buttons, satin and velvet leafs,butterfly appliques,  silk ribbon and floss embroidery , Yes I`m done, not much more room left to fill so I stop here and get ready for the next challenge.

5 comments:

  1. That's a great seam above the silkie! and incredible buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH My (I'm saying that a lot -sorry) I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I thought you didn't do seamwork. YOU ARE AMAZING. Thank you so much. I've finished your bird and it will be flying to you some time today. HUGS Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, your work is amazing!! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this block - one of the prettiest blocks I've seen in a long time. You have inspired me to pull out all my pink/creams and blacks to make a block. Your stitching, placement of embellishments and overall design are stunning! Did I tell you "I love it"!

    ReplyDelete