Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nicki Lee here is your Snowball

 This is the completed block,under the water theme.

 My little mermaid is swimming up ,holding a pearl in her left hand and pulling herself up on  the chain of the anchor with her right hand. I used sequins for her body part of her tail and beads for the the end of the tail.There is also a mix of  glass beads ,real shells ,gold and silver charms,with novelty yarns, metallic floss and silk ribbon.

I just had so much fun with this snowball. Ready to start the next one requested by Molly.

7 comments:

  1. She is going to be so tickled!! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments about my work, I love working on these blocks. It is always a challenge for me to know when to stop . I love encrusted but it is not everyone`s style. I hope she like`s it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, you are so clever! I know Nickie Lee will love it!! Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, you did a grand job on Nickie Lee's snowball! She'll be so glad you swapped with her!

    Judy in MS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little girl's hair, hanging down her back in ringlets. Unique. Anne Mann on Vancouver Island in BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh my goshness! Rita! Is that really for me? I just love love love it and can't wait to see it in person. It will be treasured forever my dear friend. I'm working on yours and hope to have it in the mail to you soon. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet sweet Rita, My beautiufl mermaidarrived and it is just incredible! I can't belive how beautiful stitched she is and I thank you with big hugs for sending her to me.

    I am having shoulder surgery on Friday and haven't been able to do much stitching. Please forgive me for being late with your snowball. As soon as I am able to complete it I will let you know it is on the way.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete